Celeriac, Mushroom and Chicken with Rice
- Large white (button) mushrooms
- Chicken breast
- Arborio rice
- Mixed Herbs
- Plum sauce
- Start the arborio rice (just boil in water) (throw in some garlic if so inclined)
- Cube the celeriac (into about 1cm cubes) and shallow-fry in olive-oil for about 10-15 minutes (until celeriac is browned and slightly blackened on the edges)
- Using a slotted spoon move the celeriac into the arborio rice (once it is mostly cooked - take the rice off the heat) and mix through.
- Chop up the chicken into chunks and cook in the oil used for the celeriac (top up oil if needed)
- Add paprika and mixed herbs to the cooking chicken.
- When chicken is almost cooked pour in some plum sauce and mix through. Cook until slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken to the rice and mix through.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and cook in the same pan (add some butter to taste)
- Once cooked mix the mushrooms through the rice.
- Cover the rice and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes.