"Roast" Veggie Soup
This was a bit of an experiment, my first impressions were uncertain but then the earthy mushroomy flavours came through. I recommend choosing mushrooms with a good earthy flavour.
- 2-3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil (or lard, or butter)
- 2 Brown Onions
- 2 Potatoes (your choice of type)
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Large Tasty Mushrooms (insert your favourite variety here)
- Hot water
- Finely dice onions, potatoes and carrots (say 3-5mm cubes)
- Slightly less finely dice the mushrooms (say 5-10mm cubes)
- Heat high-sided saucepan and oil (to medium heat). Note the pan is going into the oven, so better make it a pan you can do that with.
- Add all other ingredients at once and stir
- Pre-heat over to 160(ish) degrees celcius
- Over 15-30 minutes (to taste) occasionally mix well to avoid burning at the bottom and to cook through evenly
- Pour in hot water until there is about 1cm of water over the food in the pan
- Place pan in the oven and leave for 30 minutes at least. The taste improves over time so give it a couple of hours for a really nice soup.